Chicken Nugget Central

For those who have experienced laughing alone at Kuwait cinema.

Friday, June 02, 2006

I was attacked....

.
He came towards me. Fast, determined and in seconds I was lying down helpless on the hard gravel. Let me tell you what happened..

I had just finished with the gym. Walking to my mom's car which I had borrowed for the day, I was lost in my own thoughts. I had just promised 2 sets of people that I would pass by and already I was near my curfew time of 9:30! How the hell would I make it in time? It was already 8 pm. Oh well, I thought to myself, I hope my mum is out with some friends, maybe she won't notice if ......

"Excuse me!" I heard him say. At that point I was a few meters away from my car, which was parked behind some bushes. My heavy gym bags (yes plural) weighing me down,I turned to see who had addressed me.
Oh it was just another African American dude, probably had his eye on me in the gym and wants to buddy buddy, I thought to myself. Those guys were always so friendly and would strike up a conversation out of the blue. I didn't recognize him though, I looked at his face, into his eyes, and I saw it. A look of frenzy. I knew I was in trouble.

This all took a split second, and within a few more, I would be on the ground.


He caught the look of fear in my own eyes, and came towards me. Fast. His trainers crushing the gravel and his thug-like baggy jeans making that whoosh whoosh noise as he walked faster. He looked like he was holding a knife, but he wasn't.

I wanted to run and jump into my car, but I stood there frozen. I didn't think I would have time, and besides how would I run with my bags anyway. I debated in my mind while mesmerized by his absent face coming closer and closer to mine. And just like that he reached me and threw me to the floor.


I looked up at my tormentor's angry muscular face shouting at me. He pushed and shoved me with his feet, madly exclaiming how I should have obeyed his orders. When I tried to talk, he told me to 'shut the fuck up!' Then he brought his foot up, about to kick my face in and time froze as I thought to myself,

'See Miya, this is why you should have taken self defense class. What can you do now Miya? What can you do? You always thought you could take care of yourself, or at least use psychology but where is that now? Even your mace is tucked away safely in your drawer at home. And here you are, on the ground with a madman about to crush your face and you don't even know if he wants to rape you, torture you, or just steal some money'

I quickly brought one hand up to my face to protect it, 'Don't hurt me' I pleaded. He stopped his foot hanging mid-air. Then, I blurted out, 'What's your name?'

He got angry, thinking I was trying to get his name to tell the police. He took his shoe off for some reason and again his foot was aimed at my face. I was going down and braced myself for the pain. For the crunching noise and excrutiating agony of my nose breaking and my face caving in. I had to stay awake and alert though, I had to, if I wanted to survive the night.

That was when I woke up and realized it was all just a bad dream. Allahuma Ij3alaho Khayr. Yes, I woke up and wrote this. Why? Because I realize that in that situation, I would act exactly how I did in my dream. Which is not a good thing. We girls and guys too, need to arm ourselves with information and techniques to use when faced with such a situation.

It really could happen to anyone.

18 Comments:

  • At June 02, 2006 3:29 AM, Blogger DiiGMaa said…

    OMG...
    Miya darling..
    tadreen I thought the whole time this was actually happening to u for real... I was stunned.. nonetheless, it was scary and we all need to learn to protect our selves from such situation !
    allah e7afith iljamee3...

    EVERYONE WISH MIYA A

    H A P P Y
    B I R T H D A Y ;****

     
  • At June 02, 2006 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    damn :|
    things are getting dangerous here in the real world. the number of attacks liek that are on the rise.

    start gripping your carkeys like a knife when on your way tothe car, that way you can stab the bastard if anything happens.

    and happy birthday:D

     
  • At June 02, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger adorra said…

    Happy Birthday!

    I'd scratch the hell out of him.

     
  • At June 02, 2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Beyond Q8iya said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

     
  • At June 02, 2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Nooni said…

    OWCH! how could anyone freez in such a situation! ...
    oh what a night mare..

    thank god its just a dream ..so start your new year with self defence classes girl .. happy birthday

     
  • At June 02, 2006 4:51 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said…

    Allah yg6a3 ibleesich ya Miya?! ish7aga tsween feeeny chithy?!? I thought it was real. And yes it DOES happen, a year or so back my cousin and i were robbed behind fanar. Long story, maybe i should add it to my things to blog about list which only seems to get longer and longer.

    Yaaaaaaaay! Its Miyaaaaaaa's Birthday!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAY!

    (Its my birthday soon....i love my fellow geminians esp. those born in early June!)

    3 cheers for Miya!

     
  • At June 02, 2006 8:06 PM, Blogger Jacqui said…

    I was thinking okay this can't happen in Kuwait, because well you never hear it publicly although it does happen from time to time and is always kept under the lid but you know you shocked me in the end when I realized it was just a dream hehehe.. naughty Miya.

    Anywho Happy Birsday :P

     
  • At June 02, 2006 11:51 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said…

    WOW!! el 7mdillah it was just a dream.. Bes hathi:
    Then, I blurted out, 'What's your name?'
    LOL!!! 7addich CUTE!! =D

     
  • At June 03, 2006 3:20 AM, Blogger teagirl said…

    Waaaaayy!! I thought it was real I was about to cry for you! I hope you took the mace out of the drawer and put in your gym bag.. take care always!

     
  • At June 03, 2006 8:32 AM, Blogger Erzulie said…

    First of all, HAPPY FRIGGIN'BDAY!
    Second of all (hehe :P) dreams freak me out too. But don't think too much of them. Try a self-defense class though.

     
  • At June 04, 2006 4:44 AM, Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said…

    You freak! '7ara3teenee! 7imdilla it was only a dream. Wherever your gym is though, do they have security guards patrolling outside or whatever?

    Happy Birthday sweets! (sorry didn't know before) 3o2bal miyat sina! :)

     
  • At June 05, 2006 12:58 AM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    Ok people, I realise this post seemed to be real at first, and I am sorry to have alarmed you. But as I said in my description, I have a sadistic side :P
    Which is a funky way of saying I am mean :D

    Or I can pretend I did it so you are all aware of the dangers we face in life and are better equiped to take care of yourself.

    Thats sounds better so lets go with that :P


    Diigmaa: Thank you 7abybty! :)

    Skunk: Good idea! Or I can just smack him with my keyring, that thing is HEAVY!

    Adorra: I don't believe in nails :S They hate me. They wait until they are just perfect, right after that perfect manicure, and snap! Dammit.

    BQ: Thank you :)

    JA: Freezing is actually, quite common and has happened to me in real life more than once.
    Thank you:)

    Tinker: Now that you mention it, I was in perfect ball-kicking position.
    Thank you:)

    Dr: Hip Hip....wait wait... I shouldnt cheer for myself, fashla. Ummm ee ...HAHAHAHAH gasayt 3alaykum :P

    Please tell the stories. And Happy Birthday to you too

    jacqui: LOL i am :P Merci!

    OJ: Thank you :)

    nunu: Thanks! Ishfeech hatha psychology :P Oprah said so! lol

    photoflow: Sorry babe ;/ Itsadgyn it is still in the drawer, bes you do know it can happen to anyone, anywhere, mo shar6 il gym :P Tara wallah 7ilm
    lol

    erzulie: Thank you :) This one was very real, and had no basis,which is why it freaked me out. Do you know of any classes in q8?


    ZinZin: Thank you so much for the tips. I am sure they are appreciated by all. Please do tell the stories, and maybe even from your class experience, what could have been done to help.


    D&G: Thank 7abooba. Yeah they actualy do, but then again this could happen anywhere, mo shar6 the gym.

     
  • At June 06, 2006 12:03 AM, Blogger Entrepreneur said…

    pray and the good lord shall see that you are protected in the comfort of his bossom.

    or just run

     
  • At June 06, 2006 1:12 AM, Blogger Nunu-San said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At June 06, 2006 3:25 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said…

    Hi..
    Off topic: I can see I'm included to your blogroll.. You could now correct my blogspot by changing it with the new one.

    Just click on my nickname! =)

     
  • At June 07, 2006 2:36 PM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    Entre: Bossom? :D

    Unfold: Thank you person with a very very long nick :P

    Nunu: Inshallah :) I'll get right to it as soon as I am finished procrastinating.

     
  • At June 09, 2006 3:41 AM, Blogger moe said…

    I love how the guy is African American. It's just perfect for this blog.

     
  • At June 10, 2006 4:30 AM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    Huh? why??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home