Chicken Nugget Central

For those who have experienced laughing alone at Kuwait cinema.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bikini Bod Bonanza!!

.
A couple of weeks ago, I decided I wanna be slim and toned (if it killed me). For me to do that, I would have to lose around 8 kilos. To lose weight in a healthy way, it should be limited to 1 kilo of weight loss per week. Which, if things go according to plan, mean I should reach my target weight within 2 months. Of course I doubt I will but, I am going to try my best.

My plan:

1) Reduce calorie intake: This includes having a salad with protein for lunch, and some fruit and vergtables, maybe some protien for dinner. I will have a few nuts when hungry. So altogether this should be around 1000 calories. (I will be talking more about calorie intake and burning in a later post)

2) Increase cardiovascular excercise: I started joining classes with a lot of sweating and pain involved as opposed to my usual workout routine. Also added swimming.

3) Supplements: I have been taking a multi-vitamin to make sure I am not missing out on any vital body needs. I also just started drinking herbal tea to help the digestive system.

So as I said, I have been on the plan 2 weeks, however I have only lost 1.5KGs. So I am 0.5KGs behind schedule.

So whoever wants to lose weight with me let me know. I will be adding info on weight loss and fitness during the coming days. Mostly to motivate me and help me remember the enormous amounts of info I found to help lose weight ( I know Judy Abbott, did something similar earlier then stopped) If you want to know anything in particular just ask. But if you are going for it, the first thing you need to do, is imagine what you want to look like, and be DETERMINED! No half-assed attempts.

8 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2006 12:17 AM, Blogger Q8Sultana said…

    hi!

    I've also been on a diet for a while. So far I lost 4 kilos in a month and half. But I actually lost 3 in the first two weeks, and then one more and I've been stagnating for like 3 weeks, but now that exams are over, Im gonna take it seriously again like in the beginning.

    So, to sum it up, I'm in :o)

    I made a diet blog for the occasion
    http://therestofmylifebeginsnow.blogspot.com

    Although Im following a set diet plan. Day 1: Proteins Day 2: Starch Day 3: Carbohydrates Day 4: Fruits. there's other rules, but this is the basic idea. One's supposed to do this for 90 days.

    Anyway, just wanted to join the club :o)

    By the way, be careful with multivitamins. Vitamin B12 makes you hungry, and all multivitamins have that.

     
  • At June 14, 2006 12:23 AM, Blogger 3baid said…

    Just wanted to add that good sleep is very important. You have to give your body some time to recover from exersize so that you feel fresh and energetic the following day.

     
  • At June 14, 2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Purgatory said…

    weight loss programs for women should be banned!

     
  • At June 14, 2006 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. don't cut out too much fat - your body will think it's not getting any, then STORE what it can find.

    2. Drink more water than you usually do. At least 3 litres of you can (2 bottles of Masafi!). Take one to the office, try to finish it. The other at home and in tea/coffee.

    3. STOP drinking sodas (even diet ones) and ANY fruit juices!!!!!!!

    4. Try to eat small meals throughout the day... in Kuwait that seems impossible, so I advise my clients - have a good breakfast, have a good lunch, have almost nothing in the evening, and if you must eat a meal (maybe you have a family), make sure no carbs (breads, pastas, noodles) after 6pm - protein and fibre only, and vegetables (which have carbs). Brush your teeth early in the evening to make you think it's better not to eat again before bedtime.

    5. If you can, JOG for 45-60 minutes. 2nd choice, cross-trainer (sometimes called eliptical trainer) for 45-60 minutes. 3rd choice, cycle. If you can eat your evening food within 1 hour of working out, do that.

    Hope that helps :)

     
  • At June 14, 2006 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got into this starvation mode once, and I lost 7 kilos in a week. But I gained it back the next month, and well.. I'm working on it still.

     
  • At June 17, 2006 9:43 AM, Blogger DiiGMaa said…

    Miyoooshi ;***

    I wanna be healthy and fit..
    FIT FIT FIT !!!

    P.s.
    seeming me and u are Reality TV addicts I really couldn't help but imagine how it would be if we had our own show :P

     
  • At June 17, 2006 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a plan.

     
  • At June 21, 2006 7:35 PM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    Sultana: Pretty good! Keep it up. I like ur blog. I prefer each person to follow the diet they are comfortable with, so it is easier to stick to.
    Thanks for the B12 tip. I had no idea.

    3baid: Good tip! Very true, I find that I get the munchies when I havent slept well, guess to try fixing my headache.

    tinkerbell: This is more of a lifestyle change not a temp diet, so hope that helps:)

    purg: Tires of fat around peoples stomachs should be banned.

    Tim: 1 done, 2 trying, 3 why not fruit juices?? I sometimes have a banana milkshake instead of dinner. That is bad?
    4 done, 5 trying :)
    Thanks so much for the tips

    Jash: I wish it was that simple. I have plateaued, this that isnt working with me anymore.

    Nu. YOu joining the club?

    ZinZin: YOu are right, but I feel better when I have a weekly goal to aim at. Check my next fitness post.

    Diigmaa: LOOOOOOOOOL I just imagined a reality show about us trying to lose our fat asses :P Now THAT would be a WINNER!!

    the dude: :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home