Chicken Nugget Central

For those who have experienced laughing alone at Kuwait cinema.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Wanna B my V??

.



Valentines Day is looming, reminding me loud and clear of my status.

First of all, for those of you who don't know, I am single. I have also been single for a while, and it is a conscious decision. The reasons for that decision are:


  1. I needed time to myself.
  2. I wanted to spend time figuring out exactly what I wanted from a significant other.
  3. I wanted to work on Miya, my physical and emotional self.
  4. I was sick of men.
  5. I wanted to give myself the freedom to meet different people and socialize.

What I can say, is that I did not think I would be single for as long as I have been. Since I have always loved the comfort of a relationship*. But while working on the above points I have found that I really truly am enjoying my single life and have learnt a lot of new things about myself and life. Some things are:

- I am able to depend on myself completely with nobody to help me make decisions, or console me when I have a problem.

- I have more time and energy for friendships. In fact, I made many many new friends and developed deeper relationships with the friends that I had, making me appreciate friendship much much more than I used to.

- I used to expect too much from my friends, and now take disappointments caused by them with a grain of salt. Everyone is different.

- The better care you take care of your body, the more it will take care of your mind.

- If you respect yourself in your actions and spoken words, people will be forced to respect you too.

- Neither money nor good looks nor a badboy nor a family name, are enough for me in a person. I need a real man with intelligence and character. Mama's boys are out too.

- I have also learnt that no matter how happy you are in your single life, sometimes you need a special someone to give you a hug and let you know everything is ok. A good alternative I have found is, your friends, although they're not as fulfilling.

So anyway, I am happy with my progress, I now know exactly what I want in my significant other and I think I am ready emotionally to start the final relationship of my life, once I meet the right person.

-----------------------------

(What prompted me to finally finish writing this post, was the looming decision I have to make. I was sitting there thinking about my dilemma and grabbed the pretty notebook, which I have had for over 2 years and never used cause it is was just too damn pretty, and found the only note I ever wrote there. It was for a plan for a valentines day long gone and never put into practice. I thought I would share it with you and maybe one of you can enjoy it :)

Bean bag

Hershey Kisses

Fireworks

Drinks

Blanket

To be enjoyed together at the end of sunset on a balcony.

HAPPY PLANNING PEOPLE !!!

--------------------

*To me a relationship should last a maximum of 4 months before an engagement is necessary. By engagement I mean, the guy has to ask the girls family for her hand in marriage. Why do I think that? Because it is respectful for the girl and the family to do so.

I do not agree with Gf/Bf relationships that last years on end due to stupid excuses, then break up over a silly fight. 4 months is more than enough to tell if you want to marry the other person. After that, you get engaged and can spend a few more months or even years getting to know each other better, with your families consent. That way you respect yourself, your families and your significant others.

13 Comments:

  • At February 06, 2006 10:15 PM, Blogger Bravecat said…

    How interesting the things work in other parts of the world :^)

     
  • At February 06, 2006 10:19 PM, Blogger moe said…

    B mine 4ever!

    I love your little disclaimer thing at the end, and I agree 100 and 5 percent with your opinion.

     
  • At February 07, 2006 1:02 AM, Blogger Baroque said…

    i so agree with ur last point!
    i'm free at valentines too!
    *sigh* its a commercial holiday u know!
    and i just love to hate it!
    or is the other way round.. ;P oh well!

     
  • At February 07, 2006 12:56 PM, Blogger The Solar Alchemist said…

    Don't worry about being alone on valentines. you wount be the first or last.
    I'm in the same boat as you and charisma.
    but think of it this way when you do find the one and it realy is the one every day should be valentiens day!

    P.S. I really like your post you touched on profound wisdom! I'm impressed! I wish u gods speed in your search

     
  • At February 07, 2006 5:39 PM, Blogger Entrepreneur said…

    Love the post

    Made some sensible mature points... totally adds up. :) Its good to see that there are women in Kuwait that have substance to them as opposed to walking adverts for italian and french designer labels...

    The emotional maturity factor is a good thing to have too. Much success in life stems from emotional maturity, as it is the hardest type of maturity to obtain. You can only get it by experience and self development, no book or advice acts as a shortcut.

    Anyways... Valentines falls on the same day as the US retail figure are released. Sales measure the total receipts at stores that sell durable and nondurable goods. Consumer spending accounts for two-thirds of US GDP and is therefore a key element in economic growth.

    A strong number will show that another interest rate hike will definately occur, meaning my short US bonds position should do just nicely :)

    Amen

     
  • At February 07, 2006 8:39 PM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said…

    I also agree 110% with the disclaimer! :D

     
  • At February 07, 2006 10:28 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said…

    WOW! Good for you! I think that's the smartest thing I've read in a long time...I'll tell you a secret...now that you're finally independent...fallen deeply in love with miya...guess what?...that intelligent person is just around the corner...and he's coming to get you...mabrook!

     
  • At February 08, 2006 12:11 PM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    Qatar: This post is about my world only :)

    Moe: Oh mon cherie!

    Charisma: I would tell you lets get together and burn their stuff, but I give everything back :P

    Solar: Not worried, just lonely. About the everday thing, that is very true, and that is why my significant others always wanna come back.
    Thank you, I wish you the same too :)

    Entre: Yup, you have to get kicked in the ass before you learn :P Thank you for the compliments. And why the hell are you talking about business on my blog? Good way to stress your anti-valentines sentiments though :P

    The KD: Agoolich ana kily 7ikam :P

    Miss: Well the dumbass is taking his own bloody time, ain't he? :S Thanks babe :)

     
  • At February 08, 2006 3:34 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    You're post is amazing and I understand what you are saying! YOu have a great plan and I hope it works out for you!

    "Good things come to those who wait!" I hope that saying turns out to be something that would happen to you!

     
  • At February 09, 2006 1:54 AM, Blogger Moi said…

    Concerning the subject of Relationship, I do not agree completely with you, for me the situation appears to me differently because that depends how you chose your partner from the very start. Why not to have boyfriend or girlfriend? it is better to know the person before the marriage, with the preference one year and a half, because we are never able to know him in four months, it is very short period! And the person could put his mask without being bored.
    In my opinion, we should not judge quickly and try to leave the subject more open, initially we must know how we can make the good choice from the beginning! Either for the girls or the men, in my opinion, it is necessary to choose the partner according to certain value, make a card where in it you mark all positive and negative sides! Then you can have an idea so large and sufficient for your choice, requests others also, what are the characteristics for an ideal man? take many opinions! then make your choice alone without sharing it with anyone..

    Good luck for the future ;)

     
  • At February 09, 2006 1:48 PM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    stallion: Thank you so much :) Inshallah to both of us.

    Peaceful mind: I said 4 months before engagement not marriage. And if you are not able to see through a mask in 4 months, then you lack the maturity to get married or be in a relationship in the first place.
    Btw I have already mentioned that I know the characteristics of the man I want. Making a list with positive and negatives is no good, since one attribute can put you off a person and vice versa. I may write a post to explain my views later.
    Thank you and good luck to you too.

     
  • At February 09, 2006 4:47 PM, Blogger Beyond Q8iya said…

    just read this..


    I second what you wrote..

    why "settle" for someone who might not fit your criteria and nd up being trapped in a relationship you didnt want in the first place..

    Being single rocks!

     
  • At February 10, 2006 7:37 PM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    My thoughts exactly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home