Chicken Nugget Central

For those who have experienced laughing alone at Kuwait cinema.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sad Day

.
I opened my eyes to check the time on my mobile and saw 3 messages received. I read the first one from my boss telling me not to come into work for the next 3 days, and sleepily giggled to myself since he was such a prankster. I read the next one from my friend which said, 3atham allah ajrich. Here I was like, Oh shit, who died! I hope my mum feels ok. The third message was from a colleague, No work, Amir died.
THEN in my sleepy state I finally GOT IT!

I jumped out of bed and ran all over the house, my warm feet protesting at the cold marble floors, looking for an explanation. Finally, I thought TV TV, I screamed at my bro, change the #, KUWAIT, KUWAIT!!

I saw our beloved, and the confirmation of his death, and the tears started to flow. My father is gone, Baba Jaber I will always remember your eyes filled with kindness.

Frankly I am still in bed. People are acting like everything is normal, when I want someone to understand the depth of my sadness. I feel like a stranger in my sadness. I feel like if I venture out, I will be faced with a different Kuwait. A strange one, and I am not sure where to go from here, what to do.

Baba Jaber, you will be missed. May you rest in peace.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home