Chicken Nugget Central

For those who have experienced laughing alone at Kuwait cinema.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Is there Hunk on the menu?

.

Tomorrow I will be sitting in a hotel room. So pondering that, I thought I would confess something. Hotel rooms excite me in more ways than one.

The moment when you walk into your hotel room is sometimes the most exciting experience of the whole trip. I love that cool hotel smell, with the subtle drone of the a/c engines. It starts when the bell boy slips the card into the door slot and you see the tiny light turn green, your heart skips a beat, and you practically bulldoze your way past the poor bellboy. You walk in and look around, taking in the space of the room, the TV and the size of the beds, and then you spot it. The tiny chocolate on the pillow! You smile as you think to yourself,
'fashla mo jidam il bell boy I go grab it chiny mo shayfa khayr'.


So the bell boy leaves, you grab the chocolate and start exploring your new home for the next few days. You walk into the bathroom and giggle with glee, ' Oh cool!! Body lotion!! and Oh wow!! tiny mouthwash!!' Funny thing is, it doesn't matter how many hotel rooms you have been in, you still get excited over stupid toileteries.

Then you go back into the room and open the minifridge. Suddenly, the kitkat looks sooooooo good even though you refused some on the plane a couple of hours back! You look at all the mini everything and grab the price list, thinking hmmm should I pay 1kd for a bar of chocolate. Then you grab the cheapest item, because at that exciting moment THAT actually seems RATIONAL.

Personally, the next thing I do, is get all the stuff out of my suitcase and arrange everything to my comfort according to different OCD's. Next, I will wash out the bathtub, fill it up with hot water and bubble bath and soak for a good half hour. After that, I am relaxed, my new home is organized and I am ready to start my holiday.

6 Comments:

  • At January 07, 2006 10:23 PM, Blogger A3sab said…

    ENJOOOOOOOOOYYY

     
  • At January 07, 2006 10:59 PM, Blogger Entrepreneur said…

    hehehehe

    hotel rooms, yeah, i feel the fascination too... though it depends on where you stay, sometimes you can be dissapointed, which usually results in a swift call to reception to request a view other than the emergency stairwell...

    other times a total change of hotel is requied. I remember on a business trip to london a few years back, in an attempt to save some money, i tried staying at some lower end 4 star places... ended up changing hotels 3 fucking times in the space of 2 weeks!

    Now i just pick something that I know will be good and relax knowing that it will feel like a home from home.

    Cant stand cheapo hotels - they just suck!

    Oh and when accompanied by someone... that romantic rendevous adds another dimension of excitement to the mix... it can be FUN

    Paris... ooofaaaaay

     
  • At January 08, 2006 12:40 AM, Blogger Trevelyana said…

    For me it's bith the a.c drone you described.. the perfect decibel level followed by a subtle humm,I'm convinced it can only be found in hotel room, and the hotel-ly smell..

    It's like.. 80% of the vacation ..

    Enjoy.

     
  • At January 08, 2006 1:03 AM, Blogger Baroque said…

    Blisssssssssssss!
    i feel like travelling, you totally put in that sifaar mood..
    so where are u going?

     
  • At January 14, 2006 10:29 PM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    a3sab: THAAAAAAAAAAAANX

    entre: Wow, you should check the room before you check in. That solves some probs. So what happened in Paris?

    leeno: 80% huh?

    Charisma: Join me next time :)

    Pinkbling: Sometimes I do that :)

    Tantalize: What if its free?

     
  • At January 19, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger Entrepreneur said…

    Paris? Hmmmm i saw the eiffel tower and ate lots of cheese

     

Post a Comment

<< Home