Chicken Nugget Central

For those who have experienced laughing alone at Kuwait cinema.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Paying it Forward

.
So I am at the gym, finishing up my workout, when I see a guy who I was suspicious was the same guy I had seen, who had joined the gym a couple of months back. I remember him fiddling with the treadmill and thinking to myself,
'What a big fatso! I give him 2 weeks and he will be back home on his ass watching tv and stuffing his face.'

So I get a better look and IT IS HIM! He was like half his size!! At that point the guilt kicked in and I remember the american guy who gave me a compliment a while back. So I think to myself,
'I should compliment him. It will encourage him and make him happy.'

I quickly removed the idea from my head thinking about he looked like the typical kuwaiti that would take it in the wrong way. So I leave the gym and he is sitting there on a bench and just as I was about to pass him, I STOPPED.

Me: "Inta ishtarakt bil nady gabil 2-3 months?"
Him (As if he just smelt shit): "Ee"
Me (Turns to leave): "Mashallah 3alaik wayid tha3aft"
He gives me a dirty look.
Me (thinking he might be worried I will give him 3ain): "La ya3ny 3ayny 3laik barda"

I then left as fast as I could, embarrassed that he was not happy at all with my compliment. But you know what, screw that, people in this country have to stop being so fucking uptight. And if I have to embarass myself to move that cycle along, so be it! Join me in the fight against uptightedness!!

.....and yeah he sooooooooo thinks I was hitting on him, Dumbass!

12 Comments:

  • At January 25, 2006 7:12 AM, Blogger Purgatory said…

    why did you open your mouth :P

     
  • At January 25, 2006 8:17 AM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said…

    you go girl!! You soooo rock! That was such a nice thing for you to do.. screw him! If he thinks you're hitting on him, maykhalif! it gives him an ego boost! :D meskeen maybe he needs it! :)

    You rock girl!

     
  • At January 25, 2006 8:40 AM, Blogger Bravecat said…

    One great example how attitudes change. You go, girl! They either get used to it and adapt, or die out.

    :^)

     
  • At January 25, 2006 9:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I would have love it if you have extended to me a compliment, this guy is Anal retentive.

    Count me in

    dont worry the hell with him

     
  • At January 25, 2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Entrepreneur said…

    LOL this is hilarious!

    I actually burst out laughing hehehe

    I love it

    More More

    How come this shit always happens to you. I never find myself in these situations hehehe.

    As everyone else has commented, I agree with you, you did something nice and it was for a good reason. Dont ever let them change you :)

     
  • At January 25, 2006 11:58 AM, Blogger cozy said…

    nothing wron with that what you did nice and you did it for urself so dont feel bad its not dagra :)

     
  • At January 25, 2006 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is very sweet of you girl ! Hehe your incident reminds me of when I was in Eureka a couple of weeks back, so this guy sneezed , I said '' Yer7mk Allah'' , so ya36ny '7azeh wa9'7ah , then he says '' Yahdeena oo yahdeek Allah'' and leaves , what I prick I thought. Some people should attend manner classes.Hehe, What do you'll think??

     
  • At January 25, 2006 3:31 PM, Blogger Tooomz said…

    *amuzed* It was great of you to do that, maybe you'll start a trend..a decent trend in Kuwait for once! It would be getting compliments because people want to make you feel good instead of having an ulterior motive.

     
  • At January 25, 2006 6:40 PM, Blogger cozy said…

    You've been tagged :)

     
  • At January 25, 2006 7:50 PM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    pinkbling: Ee wallah! Il sharha 3alay ana!

    purg: Madry, I have no control over it.

    the KD: Thanx babe! Saja 7eda maskeen.

    qatar: Inshallah! Thats what I am aiming for.

    Mosan: Come to my gym :P Not worried, its no skin of my back.

    Entre: No1 can change me:D And if you think this stuff is the shit! you should have seen my life during my teenage years :P

    cozy: Not at all:D I did it for the good of Kuwait!! :P

    anon: Definately!

    toomz: I HOPE so!! Lets all do that :D

     
  • At January 26, 2006 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    omg! youre sooo cute!! i alwayssss talk about how its important to give ppl compliments cause it would boost thier self-esteem and thier confidence in whatever they are doing..... lakin you are right, most ppl in the 3arab world are sooooo uptight and make take it the wrong way..... bss wallah mashallah 3alyeech... you have guts!!! ibsar7aaa... when im in the states, i do it alot.. lana they dont think much of it.. and actully appericate it and smile and say Thanks! bss bil kuwait... i usuallyyyy dont... esp. at a gym!?! nooway loool bsss bravooo 3alyeech girly girl ;)

     
  • At January 27, 2006 8:52 PM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    Shortyq: Ishdaraany 3ana! E wallah! Lol

    aday: Oh thanx babe, thats such a great compliment. Guts I have plenty of :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home