Chicken Nugget Central

For those who have experienced laughing alone at Kuwait cinema.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Dance class etiquette



After being away from salsa classes for a couple of weeks, I finally managed to go. I was so excited to be back, as anyone who has seen me dance will tell you it is my favourite pastime. So there I was dancing with my cousin, when the instructor called out "Change partners!" and just like that I nearly died of suffication, as I found myself in the arms of Mr. Stinky. Mr. Stinky a.k.a. the guy who has no life, no friends, and apparenlty no shower and thinks he can pull off dancing. Mr. Stinky also thinks that he is DA BOMB and will continue to pull you closer and 'teach' you how to do it 'right', while you are squirming to get away from him and unhold your breath.

Thus, I present to you dancing class etiquette rules for current and wannabe dancers:

Rule 1: Take a bloody shower ( no, not a week before)
Rule 2: Deodrant is your friend
Rule 3: Wear soft, light, comfy shoes.
Rule 4: When the instructor is demonstarting a move, watch and wait until they are done to try it out.
Rule 5: When dancing with a person for the first time, smile and introduce yourself. Be friendly.
Rule 6: Do not scratch your armpit, ass, nose etc. and then extend your hands to your partner. A la Mr. Stinky EWWWW!
Rule 7: If a move is not working out, do not automatically blame your partner. It may actually be YOUR mistake. Ask the instructor to point out what you are doing wrong instead.
Rule 8: Remember to listen to your partners requests. They may be getting tired of repeating the same move.
Rule 9: If you sweat, use a napkin, not your hands. Do not under any circumstances think your dripping sweat is sexy to your dancing partner.
Rule 10: When finished dancing with your partner, THANK THEM.
Rule 11: When finished with the class, THANK the instructor.
Rule 12: Remember, breath mints are your other friend.

If you are a wannabe, I know it seems a bit daunting. It takes quite a bit of confidence to take that first step and go to your first class. Things that come to mind are, "I will make a fool of myself", "I have no rhythm", " I will be the odd one out". But trust me, everyone there is doing their own thing and had to take that first step to be where they are today. If it makes you feel more comfortable, go to your first class as a spectator. You will see there are a whole bunch of beginners learning very simple basic steps. Next you can take your first class. Generally, you will be able to dance to a song, after 3 classes. Most importantly, relax, have fun and don't take yourself so seriously. Remember, there is nothing sexier than a dancer. SOO SEXY!!

12 Comments:

  • At December 15, 2005 12:30 AM, Blogger Baroque said…

    hehehe.. that was hillarious and disgusting.. how can u dance with people u don't actually even know yet alone stinky ones ;P~

     
  • At December 15, 2005 3:10 AM, Blogger Misguided said…

    Dear MiYaFuSHi,

    Hillarious... Loved it!

    I must say i never took dance classes. I dunno... I kinda bust my own moves... and injure people around me in the process!

    truly,
    Misguided

     
  • At December 15, 2005 11:56 AM, Blogger Entrepreneur said…

    teach me

    eblees

     
  • At December 15, 2005 2:24 PM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    Charisma: Lol, its all good until Mr. Stinky comes along.

    Misguided: Thank you and welcome:) lol, continue busting and injuring, but remember, when it comes to salsa, you have a poor victim on your hands :P

    Entre: Sure!! both me and eblees will teach you :P

     
  • At December 17, 2005 11:52 PM, Blogger 2 Second Club ® said…

    is this class in Kuwait??

     
  • At December 18, 2005 2:40 AM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said…

    Yup it is. There are currently 3 sets of classes in Kuwait. Bader's at seaclub (near bidi3 roundabout), Husain's at palms, and Victor's in a studio in salwa.

    Bader is the original teacher, and Husain was taught by Victor.

     
  • At July 22, 2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Who is Victor n hw can I get in touch with him??

     
  • At October 31, 2007 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hai i would like some info about the salsa clasess held in kuwait..can ya help?? neo

     
  • At April 26, 2008 5:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am looking for dance classes in Kuwait. Anything really.
    Important note: would rather not attend classes held in someone's home..
    Please provide contact details, and website address if available!!
    THanks,
    D.

     
  • At June 11, 2008 10:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    HI , I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR DANCE CLASSES IN KUWAIT. I WANTED TO LEARN SALSA OR CHA CHA. CAN ANYONE PLS GIVE ME THE CONTACT OF ANY DANCE ACADEMY IN KUWAIT.

     
  • At September 27, 2008 11:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello!
    I love salsa rithm and soon I'll move to Kuwait. I want to attend with my husband salsa classes there. So please help us with some informations regarding the places where we can take lessons, the program and the cost.
    Thank you very much!
    Cristine&Saber

     
  • At April 23, 2009 11:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hi,

    if you know any salsa classes in kuwait, please email me the contacts at senella2001@yahoo.com.

    Thank you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home